About Sam Margulies
Sam Margulies, Ph.D., J.D. is one of the most experienced divorce mediators in the US. He also provides divorce coaching to individuals before and during the process. His expertise helps divorcing couples negotiate fair settlements and leads families to healthy and beneficial outcomes.
As the author of several books on divorce, Sam Margulies is an empathetic and knowledgeable guide through the difficult journey. Click here to learn about the three books Sam has written.Currently Sam resides in North Carolina, and provides divorce mediation and coaching services throughout the United States. Call Sam directly at (336) 669-3141 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more about his services. DIVORCE MEDIATION DIVORCE COACHING
Sam’s Bio:From 1978-1986, Dr. Margulies was engaged in private practice in law and served as negotiator for innumerable contracts and settlements. Since 1983, he has been engaged in training divorce mediators and conducting civil mediation training programs. In 1983, Dr. Margulies became president of the New Jersey Council on Divorce Mediation and designed the first hands-on training program in which trainers mediated divorces under direct observation and supervision of faculty. In 1990, he became director of the Institute for Dispute Resolution of the Seton Hall Law School. He also developed New Jersey’s first divorce arbitration program during this time. Dr. Margulies has taught graduate courses in mediation at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and has provided specialized training programs in negotiation and mediation to corporations and educational systems. Dr. Margulies has served as arbitrator in numerous cases for the American Arbitration Association, as well as in numerous matters contracted directly by the parties. He has also provided negotiation coaching for both businesses and individuals.
Professional Memberships:Sam Margulies has been a member of the following professional organizations.
- American Bar Association Section on Dispute Resolution
- New Jersey Bar Association Section on Dispute Resolution
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Practitioner Member, North Carolina Association of Family Mediators
- Practitioner Member and One of Three Original Founders of the Academy of Family Mediators
- Associate Member, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- American Arbitration Association Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- J.D. Rutgers Law School
- Ph.D. Political Science, University of Oregon
- M.A. International Relations, New York University
- B.S. Psychology, New York University
- Other ADR Experience